Sunday, February 7, 2010

Do deer alert whistles really work?

if I buy a pair of deer alert whistles will the odds of a car-deer collision go downDo deer alert whistles really work?
I didn't think they would work but have been using them for a long time, but like the second answer said know when they are moving and where, also if you are not going to fast they will hear it, to fast and the sound will be too fast for them to react. I have been driving in deer country for over twenty years and have never hit a deer. But all the people I know have hit at least 1 some 2 or more. So your habits in driving have some part to play in it but they seem to work for me. and they are cheep about ten bucks now since I bought my last set. Do deer alert whistles really work?
If you see one der you have not seen them all most of the time they travel in three's. so be prepared and they will go in front of you every time almost like the ywanted to commit susacide. Actually the panic, And I had forgot that when I had the horns on they do look at my car too not all others.

Report Abuse



Deer whistles that attach to vehicles have been available for more than 20 years.





The whistles produce ultrasonic noise (16 to 20 kHz) when a vehicle exceeds about 30 mph.





The presumption is that deer will hear the noise and be warned away.





It鈥檚 unclear whether deer do hear the noise, but in any event studies show the whistles have no effect on deer behavior.





People approach this hoping to find quick and easy solutions, but there aren鈥檛 any.





Deer whistles don鈥檛 work.



knowing what they are going to do is just as good... learn how they move will help just as much....know about what times they move where you drive at will be the same times every year knowing where you see them everyday will... and knowing they dont have a backup they just have forward and jump... to dodge aim for the rear and slow down where you know deer have been seen works just as well deer hunter 40 yrs... tennessee and really if they work or not they are only a couple bucks you can buy most anywhere
Yes they work or maybe i should say they help. I have them on all my vehicles, and have seen deer standing or walking turn and look toward my car. (I don't think they would waste them time checking out every car that goes by) I haven't hit a deer since i started using deer alerts.(hit 3 prior) Having said that you still must stay on your guard. A deer on a run most likely will not react the the same way as one that is walking or a slow trot.

No comments:

Post a Comment