Sunday, February 7, 2010

John Deer Js30?

Last year I purchased a John Deer Js30 self propelled 21 inch mower with a 6.75 hp Briggs and Stratton motor. This year I noticed it misses when I first start up and it doesn't seem to have as much power or vacum power as it did last year. Short of changing the plug and filters, there doesn't seem to be a way to adujust carbureator.I even added the gas stabalizer in the cap as directed.


Any suggestion as to what else I can do? Why would I have a loss of power? I know taking it for service will probably cost big bucks and they'll just do the same. Any suggestions? Thanks.John Deer Js30?
Chances are the carburator is dirty. It is an easy job to remove and clean it. You can get a rebuild kit from any small engine repair shop. It is also possible that the valves need adjusting. That would cause the miss and loss of power.

No comments:

Post a Comment